12 juin 2013

Let's Fly #1 : Rain ~ Steve Conte // Inspiration





"Rainy moments"






"Walk in the rain, in the rain,in the rain
I walk in the rain, in the rain
Is it right or is it wrong
And is it here that I belong" 

Chorus from Rain by Steve Conte


We've all had those scarce but deep moments. You know them, right? Those moments when you'd like to quit. Simply. Not because of weariness or tiredness or cowardice or despair. Just quit. Everything. Everyone. Be alone for a moment.

Be sad. Be happy to be sad.



"I don't hear a sound
Silent face in the ground
The quiet screams, but I refuse to listen"




That is what I feel when I listen to Steve Conte's "Rain". That feeling of sadness and happiness, the cure when the inspiration fails me.
I wanted to share it with you Fliers.



This song is weird. Awesomely weird, because of its contradictions.


It's meant to be sad. In its very core. It's meant to make me sad, yet it doesn't –
well it does, but it's a welcome sadness. And inspiring sadness. A sadness I'm happy to feel.



It makes me want to kneel, daydreaming about my personal rainy realm, and think. It makes me want to capture black and white pictures of rainy landscapes, of gloomy chapels, of cigar-smoking old women. My, I could do with a glass of vodka right now.



"If there is hell,
I'm sure that is how it smells,
Wish this were a dream, but no, it isn't"


Inspiring much?



Take a walk under the rain. 
Rejoice because of the sadness. 
Because of the rain.



"For some reason,I think of home"



Hope you liked our first inspiration-from-music post
Don't forget to post a comment, subscribe !

See you soon.



Rain:
  • Lyrics from Tim Jensen
  • Music and Arrangements Yoko Kanno
  • Perfomed by Steve Conte
All photos from Tumblr ! 





2 commentaires :

  1. Anonyme6/16/2013

    This is so beautiful! The pics really relate with the song! What is the name of that asian woman on the pics?

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you ! The fier one is a Chinese model, Fei Fei Sun and the other is Chiharu Okunugi, a Japanese model ;)

      Supprimer